Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s won’t upload pics to iCloud

As it’s common, I ran out of space on my phone and decided to get the family plan on iCloud in order to free some space.

it started uploading but then stopped at 1% and doesn’t matter what I do or press, it won’t restart.

and in the settings, looks like this:

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on May 20, 2020 11:16 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

May 20, 2020 4:57 PM in response to RodTejada

This is quite a weird case as even though your photos are already on your phone they don't want to seem to upload to iCloud, which would not take up anymore space on your phone.

But after some digging around on the internet, it seems that iCloud won't sync anything if your device has less than 300MB of available storage. Follow this Apple Support article to see what apps etc are using a lot of space and delete them or offload them so you don't have to worry about data loss.

Hope this helps!!

May 20, 2020 5:21 PM in response to RodTejada

That seems a little wrong I'd say. With Optimise Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of the original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. When you open one of these smaller photos they download the original and when you done it offloads the original once again. And as long as you have enough storage in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want. Say your photo library is about 7GB, with optimise iPhone storage on they may become 400MB on your iPhone, in my case my 6GB library is only 204.1MB on my iPad! You can find more info in iCloud Photo storage here.

Hope this helps!!

iPhone 6s won’t upload pics to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.