Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Could not sign in" when i try to sign in to App store with valid Apple IOD and valid Password.

My iphone has always worked perfectly in terms of auto updates to my Apps. Setup was such that if I wanted to download a new app it asked my for my Apple ID password. Fine.

Now, since around 5 February none of my Apps with updates outstanding have updated, and I cannot access App store.

In 'Settings' it tells me iTunes & App Store are 'Off'., but then will not let me sign in to the Store. When I try to 'Update' one of the 6 updates outstanding it asks for Apple ID and password, which I enter, and it just returns me to Update again and again as if in a loop.

The odd thing is that all is fine on my iPad, and on iCloud on my Windows 10 PC with the same Apple ID and Password. Equally on the internet via any browser I can sign onto my Apple account using same ID and password.

I have also tried changing the password for the Apple ID and successfully used the new one on my ipad, windows etc AND on the iphone for FaceTime, imessage, email etc etc. It's just the App store that is "off"!

Can anyone help please ...?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 8:28 AM

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Apps won’t downloaded.       

App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - If you can't connect

Some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 8:28 AM in response to half-penny7

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Apps won’t downloaded.       

App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - If you can't connect

Some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

"Could not sign in" when i try to sign in to App store with valid Apple IOD and valid Password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.