Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble installing clean High Sierra on 2011 iMac that has been prepared for sale.

Wifi is connected... but after installer starts it says it cannot download needed things from Internet. Installer is not all inclusive? Is High Sierra not available? What else is required? Can the installer not install enough to get the basic OS back up... then use Store to update any needed drivers or what-not?

Used Diskmaker X.7 for USB bootable.

Please help!

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 10:18 AM

4 replies

Feb 15, 2021 7:30 AM in response to BDAqua

Sorry for late reply - 60th birthday issues. Yes, that is the one I downloaded, I believe. 4.23GB on the thumb drive... iMac complains that it requires still other things from the Internet that are not available. and halts install. Please note that the iMac was updated to a 1TB solid state drive in 2017... if that makes a difference. I don't believe it should.

Trouble installing clean High Sierra on 2011 iMac that has been prepared for sale.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.