Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I edited a photograph in Luminar AI and exported it to Photos on iMac as a JPEG. It shows up in Imports but not in Photos (or any other of the albums) and can not be moved from Imports to an album in the My Albums area.

I edited a photograph in Luminar AI and exported it to Photos on iMac as a JPEG. It shows up in Imports but not in Photos (or any other of the primary albums) and can not be moved from Imports to an album in the My Albums area. What am I doing wrong? (Obviously, something)

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 1:27 PM

léonie and TonyCollinet:

Don't know quite how but your suggestions led me to investigate Luminar further and I was able to edit the photograph from inside Photos using the Liminar editing option and then saved to Photos and the photograph shows up properly in Inports and Photos (the macro folder). Thank you both so much for your suggestions. Your time is appreciated. Regards, Lyman

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 1:27 PM in response to léonie

léonie and TonyCollinet:

Don't know quite how but your suggestions led me to investigate Luminar further and I was able to edit the photograph from inside Photos using the Liminar editing option and then saved to Photos and the photograph shows up properly in Inports and Photos (the macro folder). Thank you both so much for your suggestions. Your time is appreciated. Regards, Lyman

Feb 13, 2021 6:31 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Thanks for the reply. I right click the picture in imports but the "show in all photos" does not appear. Also, when I double click on the photo it does not enlarge but instead disappears from the screen. Could it possibly something to do with being a live photo? I have done the same with another picture and it transfers from Luminar to Photos just fine. Any additional suggestions? Many thanks. Lyman

Feb 13, 2021 8:20 AM in response to lymanfrommo

How did you export the photo from Luminar AI to Photos for Mac?

Did you save a copy of the edited photo on your Desktop and then used "File > Import" in Photos to import the new image? Or did you use "File > Open in Photos" in Luminar AI to add the image to Photos for Mac? Both methods are working for me with Luminar AI 1.0.1 (8548) and Photos 6 on macOS 11.2 Big Sur.

Which versions are you using?

I edited a photograph in Luminar AI and exported it to Photos on iMac as a JPEG. It shows up in Imports but not in Photos (or any other of the albums) and can not be moved from Imports to an album in the My Albums area.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.