Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot re-enter password for Google account

I keep receiving a notification asking me to re-enter my Google account password. When I click OK, it takes me to settings, where a message is displayed stating, "There is a problem accessing your account. Please re-enter the password for [myemail]@ gmail.com." When I click "Re-enter Password", another dialog box is displayed that says, "'Settings' Wants to Use 'google.com' to Sign In. This allows the app and website to share information about you." I click continue, a Safari box pops up with the address "accounts.google.com", which loads for a moment, only to stall and then display a message reading, "Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred." I cannot find a way around this. I try to add a new account and re-enter my information that way, but I run into the redirect error. I don't want to delete my account and re-add it because it says that will clear all my contacts, calendar events, and notes, and I don't want to deal with that hassle. This is all happening because I changed my Google password last month, which I've had to do several times, but I've never encountered this issue before and it has become very frustrating. I can still access my Gmail and everything tied to my Google account, but almost every single time I open a Google-related app, I get this same problem. Please help me fix it.

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 3:17 PM

torinoleary wrote:

I keep receiving a notification asking me to re-enter my Google account password. When I click OK, it takes me to settings, where a message is displayed stating, "There is a problem accessing your account. Please re-enter the password for [myemail]@ gmail.com." When I click "Re-enter Password", another dialog box is displayed that says, "'Settings' Wants to Use 'google.com' to Sign In. This allows the app and website to share information about you." I click continue, a Safari box pops up with the address "accounts.google.com", which loads for a moment, only to stall and then display a message reading, "Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred." I cannot find a way around this. I try to add a new account and re-enter my information that way, but I run into the redirect error. I don't want to delete my account and re-add it because it says that will clear all my contacts, calendar events, and notes, and I don't want to deal with that hassle. This is all happening because I changed my Google password last month, which I've had to do several times, but I've never encountered this issue before and it has become very frustrating. I can still access my Gmail and everything tied to my Google account, but almost every single time I open a Google-related app, I get this same problem. Please help me fix it.

since you don't want to delete and reinstall the google account with your new password, contact google or look at their support site to see what you can do. Please let them know how frustrated you are with their mail account not working.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 3:17 PM in response to torinoleary

torinoleary wrote:

since you don't want to delete and reinstall the google account with your new password, contact google or look at their support site to see what you can do. Please let them know how frustrated you are with their mail account not working.

Cannot re-enter password for Google account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.