Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple MacBook Pro M1 chip - HP - printer issues over WIFI (M1 vs Intel Mac OS) #HP PRINTER

Both are on same network.. worked perfectly with my Intel MacBook 12"..

All sorts of errors installing (M1 MacBook Pro 2 x Thunderbolt) , had to restart Mac for it to connect and pair to network setting. (pref --> add new --> "Auto connect" after installing the "HP Smart" app.

To print now, I need to unplug my printer, and let it re-boot - then the page will print.

I hope there is a easy patch?

(is it possible that when a shared "windows" pc prints, then is when the printer needs a re-boot? - for Mac to talk to it again?)

Dan QLD.

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 9:33 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 15, 2021 4:17 PM in response to dandontknowsht

Hey there dandontknowsht,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are encountering some issues trying to use your Printer on your new M1 MacBook Pro. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, we have some great steps listed in the following helpful guide that go over some suggestions to try if you are having printer issues. Take a look at those steps listed here:

Solve printing problems on Mac

Keep us updated with how it goes or if you have any questions. We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

Apple MacBook Pro M1 chip - HP - printer issues over WIFI (M1 vs Intel Mac OS) #HP PRINTER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.