Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing albums - skipping of tracks doesn't work in many cases

Hi there,

does anyone have the same problem?

My iTunes 12.8.2.3 has some strange phenomenon playing albums: Some play normally from one track to the next. Others do only play the first track and then stop. It's not related with shuffle or repeat - it's not activated.

Strange enough, it's predominantly happening with Music that I imported my self years ago. It used to work like a flaw and even better when I became iTunes match user. Not sure when this problem started - but I think it started when I quit my iTunes match subscription for some month - not sure.

Every hack/ideas highly appreciated!

I haven't used this old Mac for some years - I forgot many things about iTunes

Running on my old 24 inch early 2008 2,8 GHz with only 4 GB RAM but with SDRAM. Talking iTunes 12.8.2.3 which is the latest supported on el Cap 10.11.6.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 11:27 AM

Thanks mate!

You made made me understood that half of my library was unchecked. No clue why.

This even sorted out the problem with playing albums from screensaver. It used to play the first track only in at least half of the albums ...

No wonder that iTunes was taken out of service, this application is power full but so complex to use!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 11:27 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks mate!

You made made me understood that half of my library was unchecked. No clue why.

This even sorted out the problem with playing albums from screensaver. It used to play the first track only in at least half of the albums ...

No wonder that iTunes was taken out of service, this application is power full but so complex to use!

Playing albums - skipping of tracks doesn't work in many cases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.