Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Mail App Suddenly Not Receiving AOL Mail

I'm running an iPhone X with iOS 14.4. I have had my Mail app configured to receive AOL mail and 3 other accounts for years. However, I just realized that my Mail app has not received any AOL mail for 4 days. I can still send AOL mail from iPhone but it won't download anything. The account definition looks correct. I can get to the AOL email using MacOS Mail or any browser (phone, computer)...but iOS Mail on my phone won't download for the AOL account (only). I have tried many things on my iPhone without success. I finally looked on my iPad (running 14.3) and it has the same problem as my iPhone! So this isn't a device-specific problem. Thoughts?

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 8:21 PM

This was answered in another thread, but the gist is that AOL is now requiring users to generate App Passwords.

Link: AOL Help Article

1. Sign in and go to the AOL Account security page.
  2. Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.
  3. Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.
  4. Follow the instructions below the password.
    1. Be sure to enter the password into your app without any spaces.
  5. Click Done.
  6. Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.
29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 8:21 PM in response to kmc60

This was answered in another thread, but the gist is that AOL is now requiring users to generate App Passwords.

Link: AOL Help Article

1. Sign in and go to the AOL Account security page.
  2. Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.
  3. Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.
  4. Follow the instructions below the password.
    1. Be sure to enter the password into your app without any spaces.
  5. Click Done.
  6. Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.

Apr 15, 2021 11:07 AM in response to kmc60

I had not been receiving my emails on AOL since April 11, 2021. I tried several steps from Google search but did not work so finally

I went to (I have iPhone SE) Settings- Mail--Accounts- Add Accounts You will see iCloud, Microsoft Exchange Google Yahoo AOL. etc choose AOL then sign in with your username and password and that for me did the trick. Took about an hour to fiddle around. Hopefully this helps someone.

iOS Mail App Suddenly Not Receiving AOL Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.