Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE & iOS 14.4 - Phone will not auto switch to car speaker

Updated to iOS 14.4 on my iPhone SE (new Dec 2020)

Have lost the auto transfer to car speakers when receiving or sending a phone call in the car via bluetooth or CarPlay with USB connection....worked prior to update.

Have to manually select the speaker source on the phone - makes for distracted driving - not a previous problem.

Unpaired Bluetooth & re-paired - changed USB cable - Reset Network Settings - problem remains

Same in 2 cars -auto firmware up-to-date - previously worked to auto transfer calls

Spouse's identical iPhone SE running iOS 14.3 auto-transfers perfectly in both cars - using bluetooth or CarPlay.

Unable to revert to iOS 14.3

Appreciate any assistance!

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 12:57 PM

Apple Support provided the necessary solution.

Unpaired the iPhone SE from the cars --> iPhone Settings --> General --> Reset (at bottom) --> Reset All Settings --> Continue

Reset all my SE preferences (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, Notifications, General-->Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy)

Reset Touch ID & Passcode, Apple Pay & Face ID

Back to the cars --> iPhone Bluetooth -->paired the iPhone SE

Voila...phone calls auto-transferred to the cars' speakers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 12:57 PM in response to John Bonn

Apple Support provided the necessary solution.

Unpaired the iPhone SE from the cars --> iPhone Settings --> General --> Reset (at bottom) --> Reset All Settings --> Continue

Reset all my SE preferences (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, Notifications, General-->Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy)

Reset Touch ID & Passcode, Apple Pay & Face ID

Back to the cars --> iPhone Bluetooth -->paired the iPhone SE

Voila...phone calls auto-transferred to the cars' speakers!

iPhone SE & iOS 14.4 - Phone will not auto switch to car speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.