Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain issue after the latest Catalina Update for 10.15.7, Update was released in Feb 2021.

Battery drain noticed after I updated to the latest Catalina 10.15.7, there was a minor update about 3 days back, and post that I started noticing battery drain again which was corrected in the previous update in Jan 2021. The drain is close to 14% battery lost in 30 mins. That means I will get only 4 hours of Battery life as against 5 hours before this update. The drain is close to 1% every 2 minutes.

Kindly suggest.

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 3:14 AM

It is normal while running on battery after an update for addition battery loss to occur. The System is busy re-indexing all the changes that took place with the update. Suggest running form charger for 1 - 3 days depending on the amount of data is on the drive. It should settled own soon after.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 3:14 AM in response to vsridharnaidu

It is normal while running on battery after an update for addition battery loss to occur. The System is busy re-indexing all the changes that took place with the update. Suggest running form charger for 1 - 3 days depending on the amount of data is on the drive. It should settled own soon after.

Battery drain issue after the latest Catalina Update for 10.15.7, Update was released in Feb 2021.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.