Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV

Good afternoon. I bought a new iPhone XR device. In the settings, I received an offer to connect my Apple TV for free. I used the sentence. However, the money was debited from my account. The subscription was supposed to be free. Why was I charged?

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:53 AM

If this was a previous purchase be aware that the offer is only valid for 3 months after device activation. If you had claimed the offer, but cancelled then the trial would have also stopped. You can go into your account to verify the current status of the subscription. If you simply saw a billing from Apple it may have been for something else, you can check payment history to verify. Also keep in mind that this is for Apple TV Plus, which consists of their original programming only, other content would be from the iTunes store and have separate payments (for rental pr purchase).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 10:53 AM in response to PolinaRichie

If this was a previous purchase be aware that the offer is only valid for 3 months after device activation. If you had claimed the offer, but cancelled then the trial would have also stopped. You can go into your account to verify the current status of the subscription. If you simply saw a billing from Apple it may have been for something else, you can check payment history to verify. Also keep in mind that this is for Apple TV Plus, which consists of their original programming only, other content would be from the iTunes store and have separate payments (for rental pr purchase).

AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.