Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing photographs from MAC MINI Pictures folder on Apple TV

I have been trying to view some photographs that are held on the MAC MINI (Big Sur) through my Apple TV. I have set up sharing for files, media etc but when I turn on the Apple TV and go into computers all I see is Music. Photos, and My Videos. I can't access the folders, files holding photographs that are not stored i the Photos App.

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 7:31 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Feb 16, 2021 4:17 AM in response to woodmeister50

For as long as I have had the Apple TV I could view photograph files held on my previous IMAC. These files comprise some photograph files held in the Pictures folder. IE "Amsterdam 2003". They number around 10000 photographs. By setting up Home Sharing the pictures could be watched on the lounge tv via the Apple TV using my last iMac.

Re downloading File Explorer my Apple Tv has no option to download any software applications, other than updating its own software.

My new Mac Mini has Big Sur. And in some aspects the Apple Tv does communicate with the Mac Mini. The Mac knows the ATV is on the network. When I go into the Computers icon on ATV I can play Music, watch some Home Movies, but under Photos there is nothing yet I have some 2400 photographs in Apple iCloud Photos.

When I go into the ATV Photos App I can see 7 Shared Albums but not the 2400 photographs held in my iCloud Photos library. The Shared albums viewable on the ATV are a part of that Library.

It's model number is A1469, Software 7.6.2 (8144 which I think must make its Generation 2.

Viewing photographs from MAC MINI Pictures folder on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.