Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just downloaded the new App for Pages and now several saved documents (including pdf's are grayed out and I cannot open them. How do I access them?

I just downloaded the new App for Pages and now several saved documents including pdf's are grayed out and I cannot open them. How do I access them?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 12:09 PM

Incompatible file formats will be grayed out, and compatible files will be selectable in the Pages open file chooser.

You access PDFs (non-Edit) and images with Apple's Preview, or PDFs only via the optional Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application.

Web pages (*.html) are openable in your default browser.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 12:09 PM in response to FountainofKnowledge

Incompatible file formats will be grayed out, and compatible files will be selectable in the Pages open file chooser.

You access PDFs (non-Edit) and images with Apple's Preview, or PDFs only via the optional Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application.

Web pages (*.html) are openable in your default browser.

I just downloaded the new App for Pages and now several saved documents (including pdf's are grayed out and I cannot open them. How do I access them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.