Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost notification?

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, all of the notification sounds are OFF, Gmail app was deleted but I keep getting a ghost notification... I get a tri-tone sound with no visible notification. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS! Please help!

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 6:54 PM

Hi kiddokate13,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your iPhone 12 Pro is making notification sounds but there is no visible notification.

Does this sound like a notification sound that you have set for a certain app? Check to see if any of your apps notification settings have only Sounds turned on. You can do that by going to Settings > Notifications, then scrolling through your apps. If you see any that are Sounds only, try turning on banners or badges to see if that helps identify the app notification. Check out Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch as a reference if needed.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 6:54 PM in response to kiddokate13

Hi kiddokate13,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your iPhone 12 Pro is making notification sounds but there is no visible notification.

Does this sound like a notification sound that you have set for a certain app? Check to see if any of your apps notification settings have only Sounds turned on. You can do that by going to Settings > Notifications, then scrolling through your apps. If you see any that are Sounds only, try turning on banners or badges to see if that helps identify the app notification. Check out Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch as a reference if needed.

Take care.

Ghost notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.