Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please PLEASE, Apple, give me an option to move the ipad's pdf viewer thumbnails to the LHS of the screen!

This request was already made by another user in 2020 in this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251308734

but that thread got closed through inactivity. But the original poster was right.

Many apple-pencil users are being driven MAD by the INFURIATING positioning of the page navigation bar in the native PDF viewer. It is virtually impossible (as a right hander) to reliably use my pencil to annotate more than the left ~1-2 inches on the screen before my palm is mis-interpreted as a request to scroll the PDF 100 pages down. This happens more than once per minute. Constantly being dumped to random parts of the document, and no way to turn it off.

I N F U R I A T I N G

There should be a way of moving the page-thumbs navigation to the side that the user's little finger is not on. (Right handed users of the pencil will want the thumbs on the left, and left handed users will want them on the right).

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 5:43 AM

In posting here, Apple won’t see your comments. This is a user-to-user technical forum.

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comments and feature requests via their product feedback pages:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies

Please PLEASE, Apple, give me an option to move the ipad's pdf viewer thumbnails to the LHS of the screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.