Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accents press down not working

Hey! I’m am having issues with having the accent press down option work for me. I used to be able to press down and an accents bar would pop out. However, this is no longer happening when I press down any letter. Do you guys have any idea how to fix the issue? I work with bilingual communities and need this for work.

thanks!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 1:50 PM

Hello, Cmar2mac!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're having trouble inserting accents when using your Mac keyboard. We'd be happy to lend a hand so you can get your Mac working again with ease.

To confirm, are you attempting to enter these characters by following the guidance in the support article below:

Enter characters with accent marks on Mac - Apple Support

If so, go ahead and restart your Mac, then check to ensure you're using the latest macOS version:

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

You can also use the guidance in the following support article to further assist with entering accented letters:

Use emoji and symbols on Mac - Apple Support

Best wishes!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 1:50 PM in response to Cmar2mac

Hello, Cmar2mac!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're having trouble inserting accents when using your Mac keyboard. We'd be happy to lend a hand so you can get your Mac working again with ease.

To confirm, are you attempting to enter these characters by following the guidance in the support article below:

Enter characters with accent marks on Mac - Apple Support

If so, go ahead and restart your Mac, then check to ensure you're using the latest macOS version:

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

You can also use the guidance in the following support article to further assist with entering accented letters:

Use emoji and symbols on Mac - Apple Support

Best wishes!

Accents press down not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.