Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

health data & family sharing

Hello - I recently bought my wife an Apple Watch and created her a separate Apple ID. Everything is fine, but my health data is visible on her phone.

If I turn off the Health share settings in iCloud, does this mean that all my health data would vanish if I lose my phone or purchase a new phone one day?

Do you have any other solutions? We just want to have our separate fitness tracking

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 10:57 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 16, 2021 11:10 AM in response to martyskidmore

If you and your wife use your own Apple IDs on ALL your devices, you should not have any problems. From what I gather from your description, you are sharing an Apple ID on your iPhones. If so, that can cause problems. The best solution its to use her new Apple ID (from her watch) on her iPhone as well.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Feb 16, 2021 11:14 AM in response to javaliga

Thats the thing... we have separate IDs. I created distinct ones specifically for her new Apple Watch.

I found this on the Apple website, but on #6, nothing happens when I try to uncheck the data source:

Prioritize data sources

Here's how to choose the sources that Health uses first:

1. Open the Health app, then tap the Browse tab.
  2. Tap a category, then tap a subcategory.
  3. Scroll down, then tap Data Sources & Access.
  4. Tap Edit.
  5. Touch and hold the Change Order button  next to a data source, then drag it up or down in the list. 
  6. To turn off a data source so that it doesn't contribute any more data for that category, tap the checkmark next to the source.
  7. Tap Done.

health data & family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.