Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Switching to Strongest Known Wi-Fi Network

Is there a native setting (preferred) or an app out there (2nd best) to enable my iPad/iPhone to automatically connect to the strongest known wi-fi network? I manually need to switch between networks on different floors of my house as whilst they both work on each, there’s a significant difference in signal strength.

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 2:54 PM

Once associated with a known WiFi network, the iPad will not switch to a different WiFi network (SSID) whilst the received signal is adequate.

Depending upon your WiFi Access Points, if all are configured to use the same SSID and WiFi Password, then your client devices may be able to seamlessly roam between APs on different floors.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 2:54 PM in response to chharris

Once associated with a known WiFi network, the iPad will not switch to a different WiFi network (SSID) whilst the received signal is adequate.

Depending upon your WiFi Access Points, if all are configured to use the same SSID and WiFi Password, then your client devices may be able to seamlessly roam between APs on different floors.

Auto Switching to Strongest Known Wi-Fi Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.