Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact Photo sharing suggestion

Why does my Siri suggest that I share my old contact photo when texting. I changed my contact picture a while ago from an emoji to a picture of myself. However, when I text somebody Siri always suggests that I share the emoji instead of the photo. I have deleted the old emoji from my contact photo at all even as an alternative option. If I share my contact with someone the new photo will go with it. But if i am texting it will only suggest the old one. How can I fix this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 5:30 AM

Hi Mc2337,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. As we understand, your new Contact photo is not shared in messages. Instead, the older deleted version is sent.

Please see: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

"Change your name and photo

With iOS 13 and later, and iPadOS, You can share your name and photo when you start or respond to a new message. You can use a Memoji, or a custom image for your photo. Here's how:

1. Open Messages and tap Edit in the upper-left corner.
  2. Tap Edit Name and Photo 
  3. Edit your name. Or tap the image circle to choose an image, photo, emoji or Memoji.
  4. Tap Done.

Your name and photo can be shared with anyone using iMessage, but you'll be asked to confirm that you want to share with someone when sending or replying to a new message. You can also turn sharing on and off. Just complete steps 1-2, and turn Name and Photo Sharing on or off."

We can try a few things here if you haven't already.

Have you tried switching to "Always Ask" or toggling "Name and Photo Sharing" off and on?

Have you tested with another picture?

You could also do these steps in combination with restarting your iPhone.

Is the iPhone fully updated to iOS 14.4?

Let us know further details.

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 5:30 AM in response to Mc2337

Hi Mc2337,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. As we understand, your new Contact photo is not shared in messages. Instead, the older deleted version is sent.

Please see: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

"Change your name and photo

With iOS 13 and later, and iPadOS, You can share your name and photo when you start or respond to a new message. You can use a Memoji, or a custom image for your photo. Here's how:

1. Open Messages and tap Edit in the upper-left corner.
  2. Tap Edit Name and Photo 
  3. Edit your name. Or tap the image circle to choose an image, photo, emoji or Memoji.
  4. Tap Done.

Your name and photo can be shared with anyone using iMessage, but you'll be asked to confirm that you want to share with someone when sending or replying to a new message. You can also turn sharing on and off. Just complete steps 1-2, and turn Name and Photo Sharing on or off."

We can try a few things here if you haven't already.

Have you tried switching to "Always Ask" or toggling "Name and Photo Sharing" off and on?

Have you tested with another picture?

You could also do these steps in combination with restarting your iPhone.

Is the iPhone fully updated to iOS 14.4?

Let us know further details.

Have a fantastic day!

Contact Photo sharing suggestion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.