Siri can’t find photos by date, location etc.

Hello. When I tried to ask Siri to find photos from March, Siri showed me pictures from web about March. When I asked her more precisely (Show me MY pictures from March), Siri is just opening Photos app without giving me photos from that date. The same situation happens when I looked up pictures from a trip. I have tried it on my both devices, so it’s not a device issue. Has Apple removed this feature? If not, how can I get this back to work again?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 2:25 PM

Hello kubapietro,

This list of Siri capabilities can be found here: Find out what Siri can do on iPhone - Apple Support :

Use Siri to answer questions
Use Siri to quickly check facts, do calculations, or translate a phrase into another language. Say something like:
• “Hey Siri, what causes a rainbow?”
• “Hey Siri, what does a cat sound like?”
• “Hey Siri, what’s the derivative of cosine x?”
• “Hey Siri, how do you say Thank You in Mandarin?”
Siri displays a translation of the English phrase “thank you” into Mandarin. A button at the bottom of the translation replays audio of the translation.

Use Siri with apps
You can use Siri to control apps with your voice. Say something like:
• “Hey Siri, set up a meeting with Gordon at 9” to create an event in Calendar.
• “Hey Siri, add artichokes to my groceries list” to add an item to Reminders.
• “Hey Siri, send a message to PoChun saying love you heart emoji” to send a text using Messages.
• “Hey Siri, what’s my update?” to get an update about the weather in your area, the news, your reminders and calendar events, and more.

For more examples, see any of the following:
Announce calls, messages, and more with Siri on iPhone
Use Siri to play music on iPhone and Listen to music with Apple Music Voice on iPhone
Control your home using Siri on iPhone
Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions on iPhone
Add Siri Shortcuts on iPhone

Use Siri to share information with contacts
You can share onscreen items like photos, webpages, content from Apple Music or Apple Podcasts, Maps locations, and more with people in your contacts.
For example, when looking at a photo in your Photo library, say something like “Hey Siri, send this to mom”to create a new message with the photo.
The Photos app is open with a photo of four people. On top of the photo is a message addressed to Mom. Siri is at the bottom of the screen.

Personalize your experience with Siri

The more you use Siri, the better it knows what you need. You can also tell Siri about yourself and change how and when Siri responds. See any of the following:

Siri Suggestions on iPhone
Tell Siri about yourself on iPhone
Change Siri settings on iPhone

You can also use accessibility features with Siri.

If you would like to make a suggestion to Apple regarding their products or a feature on an Apple product, the best way to do that is to go here: Product Feedback - Apple

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 2:25 PM in response to kubapietro

Hello kubapietro,

This list of Siri capabilities can be found here: Find out what Siri can do on iPhone - Apple Support :

Use Siri to answer questions
Use Siri to quickly check facts, do calculations, or translate a phrase into another language. Say something like:
• “Hey Siri, what causes a rainbow?”
• “Hey Siri, what does a cat sound like?”
• “Hey Siri, what’s the derivative of cosine x?”
• “Hey Siri, how do you say Thank You in Mandarin?”
Siri displays a translation of the English phrase “thank you” into Mandarin. A button at the bottom of the translation replays audio of the translation.

Use Siri with apps
You can use Siri to control apps with your voice. Say something like:
• “Hey Siri, set up a meeting with Gordon at 9” to create an event in Calendar.
• “Hey Siri, add artichokes to my groceries list” to add an item to Reminders.
• “Hey Siri, send a message to PoChun saying love you heart emoji” to send a text using Messages.
• “Hey Siri, what’s my update?” to get an update about the weather in your area, the news, your reminders and calendar events, and more.

For more examples, see any of the following:
Announce calls, messages, and more with Siri on iPhone
Use Siri to play music on iPhone and Listen to music with Apple Music Voice on iPhone
Control your home using Siri on iPhone
Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions on iPhone
Add Siri Shortcuts on iPhone

Use Siri to share information with contacts
You can share onscreen items like photos, webpages, content from Apple Music or Apple Podcasts, Maps locations, and more with people in your contacts.
For example, when looking at a photo in your Photo library, say something like “Hey Siri, send this to mom”to create a new message with the photo.
The Photos app is open with a photo of four people. On top of the photo is a message addressed to Mom. Siri is at the bottom of the screen.

Personalize your experience with Siri

The more you use Siri, the better it knows what you need. You can also tell Siri about yourself and change how and when Siri responds. See any of the following:

Siri Suggestions on iPhone
Tell Siri about yourself on iPhone
Change Siri settings on iPhone

You can also use accessibility features with Siri.

If you would like to make a suggestion to Apple regarding their products or a feature on an Apple product, the best way to do that is to go here: Product Feedback - Apple

Have a good day.

Siri can’t find photos by date, location etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.