Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP suddenly cannot share anymore video file

All of a sudden after having shared many video files, mov or mp4, or captions files, FCP refuses silently to write any file.

The share export menu works as normally, pops up and takes all my choices up to the moment it should start writing the file, but nothing happens.

The pop up closes normally and sometimes, when the background tasks window is opens, it shows a flashing rendering 94% and it returns to idle.

Everything happens as if the file had been normally created. But is has not. FCP runs normally after that apart of this problem.

Exiting library, restarting FCP, changing the destination disk, erasing Preferences ie. pressing Alt-Cmd and starting FCP do not help.

This is now every time I try to share a file. Weird.

Is that a bug, any idea what I could do?

Catalina 10.15.7

FCP 10.5.1

--

Claude

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 1:53 AM

1) Drag the application to the trash and empty it

2) Drag the following to the trash as well:

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.xpcservice.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.google.keystone.daemon.plist

You can easily find them by pressing Command-Shift-G in the Finder, and pasting each of the above lines in turn, e.g.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 1:53 AM in response to claude_210

1) Drag the application to the trash and empty it

2) Drag the following to the trash as well:

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.xpcservice.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.google.keystone.daemon.plist

You can easily find them by pressing Command-Shift-G in the Finder, and pasting each of the above lines in turn, e.g.

Feb 17, 2021 12:51 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom. Tx for your swift reply!

I tried exporting video files to an external disk, to the desktop. Same thing.

I don't recall having changed anything since the last time sharing master file worked, ie. yesterday early morning.

Yes, FCP has Full disk access in Systems Preferences and always has had.

One thing I didn't do: Reinstall FCP from backup. I just checked that I have one...

One philosophical comment: I is very disturbing to reinstall an application after a very recent upgrade.

BTW, I sent a bug feedback comment to Apple.

Feb 17, 2021 1:05 AM in response to claude_210

Also: as always, odd issues may be fixed by deleting preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an “Untitled” library.

Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

FCP suddenly cannot share anymore video file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.