Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual SIM iPhone Cannot Send Texts without iMessage Enabled

I wish to send SMS's but without using iMessage.

I originally used a physical SIM card for personal calls, from my original provider, Optus.

I now have a second phone number for work, with SIM, plan and number provided by Telstra.

I only want to carry one phone for personal and work.

I changed my physical SIM for an electronic SIM with my Personal provider.

At this point, phone worked fine and would send SMS without iMessage.

I then installed a physical SIM for my Work provider.

After this, standard SMS's would not send. The screen simply failed to respond to the "Send" icon.

Once iMessage was enabled, SMS's would send okay but I want to send texts without iMessage.

What can I do? All other aspects of the dual SIM phone work fine.

My phone is an iPhone 11.

Can I please ask that any responder reads and understands the issue fully, before replying?

Many thanks in advance.

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 1:06 AM

SMS, MMS, WiFi Call, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Call Merge, Conference Call, Hotspot, Voice Mail (Visual or Normal) all are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency who issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

2 replies

Dual SIM iPhone Cannot Send Texts without iMessage Enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.