Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (OS Big Sur) cannot find Canon MG4250 series printer on the WiFi

I know there are quite a few questions concerning WiFi connections with their printers, however I just want to re-post my question as this is a specific issue.

My MacBook Pro cannot find my printer on the WiFi, but this didn't start with OS Big Sur as it has been an issue with OS High Sierra for quite a while. I was able to connect it before and I do not know when and how this issue has started. I have already asked the help of Canon and the technician was exhaustive, but could not find the problem. I, and then we, even manually typed in the IP address of the printer, but it didn't work either.

My iPhone (iOS 14.4) can print wirelessly as it has always been with my old iPhone. So, I just want a last resort to find out if someone there had the same experience and may be able to help me. I'm just not happy wiring my printer.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:49 AM

This mystery has been deciphered with the help of Apple Support. Thought to be a complicated issue turned out to be just my VPN blocking the link. This was discovered when an Apple Support Staff member asked if I had a security programme. Interesting enough that I have always had VPN on both my Mac and iPhone. It seemed that upgrading my OS, then in High Sierra, had changed it.

Thanks again to the Apple Support Staff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 1:49 AM in response to Fottoc

This mystery has been deciphered with the help of Apple Support. Thought to be a complicated issue turned out to be just my VPN blocking the link. This was discovered when an Apple Support Staff member asked if I had a security programme. Interesting enough that I have always had VPN on both my Mac and iPhone. It seemed that upgrading my OS, then in High Sierra, had changed it.

Thanks again to the Apple Support Staff.

MacBook Pro (OS Big Sur) cannot find Canon MG4250 series printer on the WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.