Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disappearing images from icons showing blank pages with small arrow under each?

I am getting blank icon views with a small upward pointing arrow below each blank icon The affected files when viewed in list form have a cloud to the right, I suspect this has something to do with 'icloud'

the file is shown in the panel on the right but I cannot double click to open the file even though the file image is somewhere, I cannot open the files except with: finder >quick view. when I look at the view as list each of thees blank files pages have a small cloud to the right. See view by list screen shot showing cloud to right of image title

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 7:57 PM

Hello melvynfrombristol,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We’re happy to help out with the files on your Mac. It looks like the files are being stored in the cloud and not downloaded to your Mac. Do you have iCloud Drive enabled?

See Upload and download photos from iCloud Drive for details.

If you still are not seeing your files, let us know what happens when you select one of the files.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 7:57 PM in response to melvynfrombristol

Hello melvynfrombristol,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We’re happy to help out with the files on your Mac. It looks like the files are being stored in the cloud and not downloaded to your Mac. Do you have iCloud Drive enabled?

See Upload and download photos from iCloud Drive for details.

If you still are not seeing your files, let us know what happens when you select one of the files.

Cheers!

Feb 20, 2021 2:46 AM in response to Eric--F

I have icloud drive on already to download to desk. I have found that although they are blank if I import these to a quark picture box they work. I suspect that what happened was I highlighted a bunch of image files and dragged then to a new folder which contained other pics, and they appear in that folder as ok icons, but it left the blank icon images in the original folder with the arrow upwards as shown previously. I am satisfied I now have these OK files in the new folder, so I will close this request now.

disappearing images from icons showing blank pages with small arrow under each?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.