Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stopping notifications for 'liked' and 'loved' messages

I have a good friend who appears is relentless in 'liking' messages. In a popular group chat I am in, it becomes so annoying to the point that it is affecting our friendship.

I have considered deleting him from the group chat, but that is an extreme measure.

Ideally my friend would listen to the multiple requests from members of the group and stop liking messages, but alas this does not appear to be an option.

Is there a way to either;

1/ pause or disable these annoying notifications for an entire group chat or individual user in a group

2/ pause or disable notifications for 'liked' messages for my entire phone.

Please help, my friend is an idiot.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 3:27 PM

hasto_likes_messages wrote:

I have a good friend who appears is relentless in 'liking' messages. In a popular group chat I am in, it becomes so annoying to the point that it is affecting our friendship.
I have considered deleting him from the group chat, but that is an extreme measure.
Ideally my friend would listen to the multiple requests from members of the group and stop liking messages, but alas this does not appear to be an option.

1/ pause or disable these annoying notifications for an entire group chat or individual user in a group

No you can only hide alerts, so you won't be notified if anyone sends a message. You'll check see the red number notification whenever you check the message app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 3:27 PM in response to hasto_likes_messages

hasto_likes_messages wrote:

No you can only hide alerts, so you won't be notified if anyone sends a message. You'll check see the red number notification whenever you check the message app.

Stopping notifications for 'liked' and 'loved' messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.