Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I leave a group chat?

I can’t leave a group chat with a green text bubble, and I think it’s because of android users. Can you please make it so we can leave it because someone added me on accident.

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 8:05 PM

Hey there ,

1. Tap the group text message that you want to leave.
  2. Tap the group icons at the top of the thread.
  3. Scroll down and tap Leave this Conversation. If you're on iOS 14 or earlier, tap the Info button , then tap Leave this Conversation.

You can leave a group text message as long as there are three other people on the thread and everyone is using an Apple device, like an iPhone or iPad. If you don't see the option to leave, it might mean that one or more of the users isn't using an Apple device with iMessage.

If you can't leave a group text message, you can mute the conversation so you don't get notifications.

For more info visit ☞ Leave a group text message thread on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 8:05 PM in response to aharonvas

Hey there ,

1. Tap the group text message that you want to leave.
  2. Tap the group icons at the top of the thread.
  3. Scroll down and tap Leave this Conversation. If you're on iOS 14 or earlier, tap the Info button , then tap Leave this Conversation.

You can leave a group text message as long as there are three other people on the thread and everyone is using an Apple device, like an iPhone or iPad. If you don't see the option to leave, it might mean that one or more of the users isn't using an Apple device with iMessage.

If you can't leave a group text message, you can mute the conversation so you don't get notifications.

For more info visit ☞ Leave a group text message thread on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Why can I leave a group chat?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.