Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone will not allow me to delete an app. It only lets me remove from my Home Screen

How do I delete apps. It only gives me the option to remove from Home Screen

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 2:38 PM

Some built-in Apple apps cannot be delete, they can only be removed from the home screen.

If you cannot delete any apps, the usual reason is a restriction on deleting. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases. See: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 2:38 PM in response to Paramedic23

Some built-in Apple apps cannot be delete, they can only be removed from the home screen.

If you cannot delete any apps, the usual reason is a restriction on deleting. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases. See: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

My phone will not allow me to delete an app. It only lets me remove from my Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.