Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daily Crashes / Kernel Panics Since Upgrade to Big Sur

MacBook Pro 2018 Intel

I am getting near daily crashes / kernel panics since I upgraded to Big Sur.

For the upgrade, it was not a install on top of Catalina – rather, I booted from a USB flash drive, ran disk utility, deleted the APFS volume group and then installed Big Sur. This is essentially like wiping the hard drive before the install, so it was a "clean" install to say the least. At the time of the install, Big Sur 11.2 was released and that's what I installed. Now the computer has been upgraded to 11.2.1.

I am getting this crash mostly over night, but sometimes during the day. When I check the Console application, it points "/usr/libexec/remoted" as the culprit.

I have no idea on the root cause or how to resolve. I saw some info about Little Snitch, which I am running (the latest version at the time of this post).

I have attached the most recent crash log (from this afternoon) from CONSOLE.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 8:55 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if the panics stop.

Safe Mode takes longer to boot and some things are disabled. It will be clunky to use.

However, if it is normally overnight, then I'm not sure if leaving it in Safe Mode overnight would be useful.

Similar questions

3 replies

Daily Crashes / Kernel Panics Since Upgrade to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.