Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur "Upgrade" with Xerox Workcentre 6515

Just this past week I upgraded my 2017 iMac and 2019 MBP from Mojave to Big Sur, which now appears to have been a big mistake. I now have issues with NordVPN which doesn't seem to want to run on my iMac (disconnects) and my Xerox Workcentre 6515 multifunction printer - it constantly looses connectivity. In spite of repeated deletions and reinstallations of the Xerox drivers I just can't get it to work consistently (more than once or twice after a reinstallation)

I've found some general information about VPN's having problems under Big Sur but nothing specific from NordVPN. In the case of Xerox on the Printerbase website there is specific information about Big Sur not working with Xerox 6515 but is stating that drivers will be available for this product. Xerox hasn't released a new driver for this printer since October 16, 2020 and the information given on Printerbase is from this month (February 2021) so it would seem it might still be some time before there is a solution.

Unfortunately, I don't have time for messing around with connectivity issues. I would like to roll back to Mojave if that is possible without having to do a complete clean reinstallation so I can get some work done instead of wasting time with Big Sur which is about as unpleasant as a dumpster fire. I would appreciate any suggestions on rolling back.

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 9:36 PM

Just some food for thought:

Unless you're using a true VPN tunnel, such as between you and your employer's or bank's servers, they are useless. Public VPN's are anything but private.  

Also, according to this Apple document, About AirPrint - Apple Support, your Xerox Workcentre 6515 is AirPrint compatible and can connect and be used wirelessly. The user manual for the machine should have the instructions for connecting it wirelessly.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 9:36 PM in response to berber123

Just some food for thought:

Unless you're using a true VPN tunnel, such as between you and your employer's or bank's servers, they are useless. Public VPN's are anything but private.  

Also, according to this Apple document, About AirPrint - Apple Support, your Xerox Workcentre 6515 is AirPrint compatible and can connect and be used wirelessly. The user manual for the machine should have the instructions for connecting it wirelessly.

Feb 17, 2021 10:10 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi, Old Toad, I just checked that, thank you for pointing that out. I didn't realize that was the case. It's been driving me nuts trying to get the printer to work consistently and not just a couple of times after reinstalling the software.

I just deleted the Xerox driver and the printer discovery was immediate. Same thing for printing startup - no hesitation. Hope it stays this way. Thanks for your help. And thanks, Barney-15E as well!

Big Sur "Upgrade" with Xerox Workcentre 6515

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.