Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store updates will not download

Mojave: 10.14.6

I have an Imac and a macbook pro. Both mid 2015, Both exact same operating system.

The Imac has downloaded the updates.

The Macbook pro gets stuck. See image below.

I have tried all the fixes on the attached link, yet I still get no response from the app store.

Help,

Thanks Greg

https://macreports.com/mac-app-store-not-updating-apps/

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 4:16 PM

6 replies

Feb 21, 2021 12:50 PM in response to SoloMeter

Hey Greg,

We understand that some apps aren't updating like they should on your MacBook Pro, even after taking steps to resolve the issue. If possible, can you try updating those apps with another internet network? We want to see if this is happening with multiple networks or a specific one.

Also, another step you can take is to back up your MacBook Pro and then reinstall macOS to see if that might help, since all the steps in the article you included in your post hasn't helped. The articles below should help:

Let us know how that goes. Take care!

Feb 23, 2021 1:41 PM in response to SnickZ.

Hi, tried all options and they don't work. I did fix my macbook ro by updating to Big Sur, but I cant update my imac as my audio interface is not Big Sur compatible.

This is starting to become a problem for a lot of people, so it seems odd we all have the same issue, so its an App store problem that has only just surfaced since about 4 Feburary.

So the next problem I encountered, following your tip by trying to reinstall Mojave is that I dont use an apple mouse. And my logitech mouse would not connect in this restart option of Command-R. Somehow, buy using the keyboard, I managed to navigate through quite a few screens until I got to the last one (typical) Made it all the way to 'select which hard drive' to install OS, But none of the keyboard buttons would highlite Macintosh HD and the screen just sat there and I had to close down the session.

So basically I couldn't reinstall the OS.

Driving me crazy. Any other ideas.

App Store updates will not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.