Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 12 Bluetooth not connecting to on 2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited Turbo, what now?

I remember having this problem when I first upgraded from I phone 4s to 6 s Plus, it took forever to get an answer as Apple blamed Hyundai and vise versa. Eventually I got it to work, however I seem to remember that I had to go to the dealership. Now I just upgraded from I phone 10 Xr to 12 / 2020 and my Sonata doesn’t recognize the phone or the phone doesn’t recognize the car. I tried pretty much everything but it just doesn’t work. Did anybody here get their I phone 12 to work with the 2012 Sonata Limited yet? If so could you please tell me how you did it . Thanks in advance !

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 8:52 AM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2021 10:14 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Thank you Dog for your help , however, I have been to the car manufacturer website already, you see that there is no help for phones later than the I phone 6s for the touchscreen edition . I did get the 10 xr to synch up , but not the new I phone 12 . Hope it’s not the manufacturer grrr, maybe it’s Apple ? I don’t have car play .

Feb 22, 2021 12:50 PM in response to Grubgirl

Sadly, car manufacturers are not used to keeping up with technology, they[re used to only having to update their firmware annually, if that.

Ask your dealer service department if your head end's firmware is up to date again, as auto makers very rarely keep their websites up to date on technical issues, they typically only send that information in service bulletins which neither the sales staff nor others are aware of.

I phone 12 Bluetooth not connecting to on 2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited Turbo, what now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.