Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App store broken in Mojave

If i open the app store right after starting computer it will display all apps correctly but will not download or update anything, After closing app store then trying to go back to app store it is real slow to load but it shows the cloud download button for every app even though it is already downloaded and will not update or download any apps. I see people reporting the same issue on other forums so this seems to be an apple server issue.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 5:00 AM

My only solution at this time is to kill the "appstoreagent" in Activity Monitor after open the APP Store App. After this you can download Updates or new APPs.

You must do this after any System restart or sometimes after close the App Store APP.

I hope Apple fixe this bug quick.

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 22, 2021 8:57 AM in response to AfMac

I have the same problem with the appstore in mojave. Killing the appstore agent in the activity monitor and at the same time sometime closing out the appstore and restarting it works all the time but it is not the actual solution but more like a crutch. I have to keep repeating this process every time. I have also killed plists etc nothing seems to be a permanent fix. I also noticed I don't get any notices for updates. I am guessing that part is not working either. Often the appstore does not list what I have downloaded and what was not downloaded I get the cloud download symbol for every software downloaded or not. This is usually resolved by restarting the app store. Does anyone have a permanent fix? Also this may be a different problem or not. When I have my backup disk with time machine hooked up the app store will show updates and will update the apps in the time machine. Is this normal?

Mac App store broken in Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.