Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Client on Mac no longer works

I have tried ALL of the above solutions (removed each email address and reinstalled, changed all passwords, shutdown and reopened the Mac, verified that WiFi is connected, etc.) to restore the use of my mail client on my Mac to no avail. Any Suggestions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 10:06 AM

I was having a similar issue for the past few weeks. Other symptoms started to creep in like occasionally I got a slow throughput response. Today I discovered the culprit - a virus! Looks like it crept in with a browser extension - and I don't use that many. The problem was something called ElementaryTyped. Once removed mail started working. It's worth investigating.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 10:06 AM in response to MoonJ.

I was having a similar issue for the past few weeks. Other symptoms started to creep in like occasionally I got a slow throughput response. Today I discovered the culprit - a virus! Looks like it crept in with a browser extension - and I don't use that many. The problem was something called ElementaryTyped. Once removed mail started working. It's worth investigating.

Feb 22, 2021 5:53 AM in response to Mogi803

Hello Mogi803,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with the trouble you're having with the Mail app on your Mac. To isolate this issue you're having, we'd like to have you create a new user account to test this issue. Follow the steps here to do so:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

You can also use the Mail Connection Doctor to detect any issues you are having with your Mac mail. Open the Mail app, then choose Window > Connection Doctor from the menu bar. Any trouble detected will produce a red dot next to the feature that is having the issue. You will have the option to "Show Detail" of anything that is found. Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there if needed.

Good luck!

Feb 22, 2021 12:31 PM in response to ryane77

Thanks for your suggestion. I set up an alternate user and added two email accounts (Gmail and Yahoo). Below is a photo of my screen. As you can see the email accounts were not added to the client. There was an account error just like the one I get on my regular account! I still get the same error message and have the ! mark next to the account inbox list.

Mail Client on Mac no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.