Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Waiting to upload" message.

I have several folders on my desktop which I keep for quick access of small files I am working on. There is nothing in these folders of any large size. Recently, a "waiting to upload" message has appeared under some of the folders. Sometimes it is there for several day. I've tried the usual troubleshooting things, but nothing has worked. Can anyone please assist?

I am using Big Sur.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 9:45 AM

Hi MHsydney,

It sounds like you have some questions about the "Waiting to upload" message on your desktop files. We can help with this.

Do you store your desktop files in iCloud? If so, it's possible these files are just being updated when you are seeing this message. The amount of time it takes to finish the upload can depend on what all needs to be updated in iCloud and the speed of your connection. You can find out more information about storing these files in iCloud here: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 9:45 AM in response to MHsydney

Hi MHsydney,

It sounds like you have some questions about the "Waiting to upload" message on your desktop files. We can help with this.

Do you store your desktop files in iCloud? If so, it's possible these files are just being updated when you are seeing this message. The amount of time it takes to finish the upload can depend on what all needs to be updated in iCloud and the speed of your connection. You can find out more information about storing these files in iCloud here: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

We hope this helps.

Take care!

"Waiting to upload" message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.