Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving files to the desktop or to a folder (e.g. New Pages document, email attachment) take 30+ seconds to appear.

This just started happening a week or so ago: if I save a new file (from an application such as email, pages, excel) to the desktop or to a folder it takes over 30 seconds for the file icon to appear. This only happens under one user account: files appear essentially immediately under other accounts on the Mac.

Dragging files between folders - no problem, snappy as can be.

I tried a safe mode login (safe boot worked fine) and the problem persists, again only for that one account.

I am running macOS 10.13.6 on an iMac (27-inc, Mid 2011).

I have 6 login items: ZoomOpener; BoincManager; Google Drive; Resilio Sync; Alfred 4 and Macs Fan Control. Of these only Google Drive has been updated in the past 3 weeks.

any suggestions?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 12:55 PM

Gaak.. Found hte problem. It is the Google Drive app. For some reason the new version of Google Drive ( 55.0.3.0 (Intel)) is causing the problem. If I disable that as a startup item everything is fine... And the problem comes back if I start Google Drive manually.

I think the F*** word is appropriate ... but I will save that for the Google support site ;-)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 12:55 PM in response to IanSGraham

Gaak.. Found hte problem. It is the Google Drive app. For some reason the new version of Google Drive ( 55.0.3.0 (Intel)) is causing the problem. If I disable that as a startup item everything is fine... And the problem comes back if I start Google Drive manually.

I think the F*** word is appropriate ... but I will save that for the Google support site ;-)

Saving files to the desktop or to a folder (e.g. New Pages document, email attachment) take 30+ seconds to appear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.