Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPhone as Apple TV remote without using airplay

Never had this issue before today, so I assume it’s in the latest software update. I’m sure it’s supposed to make my life easier but it’s doing the opposite.

I use my iPhone’s remote app to buy a movie on Apple TV and then I press “play”. Used to be I could then play a podcast on my phone. Instead, now when I press “play” in the remote app it begins air playing the movie. And then when I try to play a podcast it tells me that it will stop if I get too far from atv, there is no option to not airplay the podcast.

1. I don’t even want to airplay the movie, I just want to use the remote app to purchase it on iTunes (or search for it in an app) and then press “play”; and
  2. I want to play a podcast on my phone, I don’t want it to airplay on my Apple TV.
  3. This situation brings up a rather unimportant curiosity: if I indeed wanted to airplay a movie (which I don’t), would that mean I’m unable to simultaneously play music or a podcast on my phone?

*this is re an iPhone 12 mini, which doesn’t appear in the options, so I went w 11 pro max or whatever.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 12:08 AM

Have you seen this article --> Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Similar questions

1 reply

Using iPhone as Apple TV remote without using airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.