Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS Upgrade

How can I upgrade IOS from High Sierra to Mojave? I currently have High Sierra 10.13.6

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 11:48 PM

The error message is misleading, what it really means is the App Store has detected a copy of

Install macOS Mojave.app in the Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac.

Open Safari and click on this link, 

How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support

Go to Download OS and click on macOS Mojave,

this will redirect you to the App Store Mojave page,

it should say Get or Download.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 11:48 PM in response to SherryRV

The error message is misleading, what it really means is the App Store has detected a copy of

Install macOS Mojave.app in the Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac.

Open Safari and click on this link, 

How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support

Go to Download OS and click on macOS Mojave,

this will redirect you to the App Store Mojave page,

it should say Get or Download.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Feb 19, 2021 11:24 PM in response to Niel

I also have been trying for a couple days to upgrade from OS 10.13.6 to 10.14 but have failed. The download function on the linked page is broken.

Message: This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.

Please provide links to correct page and step by step procedures for upgrading to Mojave.

ALL other links I have found so far take me to BIG SUR (NOT MOJAVE as claimed); I do NOT want Big Sur as it is incompatible with programs I currently use. Thanks.

IOS Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.