Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade iOS

I have MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6 and I want to upgrade the iOS. How can I do this? I'm not a techno-geek.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 3:59 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which MacBook Pro model you have, click on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run a higher OS. For reference, Macs run macOS, not iOS.

If you're going to upgrade to Catalina or newer, 32-bit software won't run afterwards; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(211481)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 3:59 PM in response to bbpotomac

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which MacBook Pro model you have, click on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run a higher OS. For reference, Macs run macOS, not iOS.

If you're going to upgrade to Catalina or newer, 32-bit software won't run afterwards; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(211481)

Upgrade iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.