Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it ok to keep my MacBook plugged-in most of the time while using it?

Is it ok to keep my MacBook plugged-in most of the time while using it? I read somewhere that it could increase battery life by reducing its cycles. But I also read somewhere else that It’s not OK for batteries to reach 100% !!!

Now I wanna make sure that keeping my MacBook connected to the power adapter most of the time doesn't harm my laptop or its battery.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 2:02 PM

Read this for information on batteries Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Note this article had several links that'll give you even more information.

Long story short, no problem having it plugged in all the time.

You can do like once a month a full battery use down to like 10%, 5% maybe, and then recharge it all the way up. That'll keep the battery mechanically and chemically active, helping you preserve its life.

Another important move is, if you're not going to use it for a long period, to leave like 50% of charge.

But read those articles and you'll be in peace with battery management, OK?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 2:02 PM in response to ahmadreza78

Read this for information on batteries Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Note this article had several links that'll give you even more information.

Long story short, no problem having it plugged in all the time.

You can do like once a month a full battery use down to like 10%, 5% maybe, and then recharge it all the way up. That'll keep the battery mechanically and chemically active, helping you preserve its life.

Another important move is, if you're not going to use it for a long period, to leave like 50% of charge.

But read those articles and you'll be in peace with battery management, OK?

Is it ok to keep my MacBook plugged-in most of the time while using it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.