Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it okay if I always keep my macbook Pro plugged in ? will it reduce my battery lifespan?

is it okay if I always keep my MacBook Pro plugged in? will it reduce my battery lifespan? what is your recommendation?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 4:11 PM

Beginning with an update to macOS 10.15.x (I forget which .x update had it), Apple added a new Battery Management system to macOS which will exercise the battery which will help to extend the life of the battery for users who leave the charger connected all the time.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

For older versions of macOS 10.14 and earlier, then you will want to run the laptop on just the battery once in a while to exercise it a bit. I tell users to do this once a month so it makes it easy remember as a routine (or once a week, etc.).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 4:11 PM in response to alinikkhah

Beginning with an update to macOS 10.15.x (I forget which .x update had it), Apple added a new Battery Management system to macOS which will exercise the battery which will help to extend the life of the battery for users who leave the charger connected all the time.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

For older versions of macOS 10.14 and earlier, then you will want to run the laptop on just the battery once in a while to exercise it a bit. I tell users to do this once a month so it makes it easy remember as a routine (or once a week, etc.).

is it okay if I always keep my macbook Pro plugged in ? will it reduce my battery lifespan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.