Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete apps from app library

I've turned on deleting apps like below but it still only gives me the option to share the app. I can't move or delete any apps from the library... is there another setting I need to adjust?

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps [Allow]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 4:18 PM

Can you name two or three apps that you are attempting to delete form the App Library?

Axel F.

3 replies

Feb 20, 2021 3:01 PM in response to merimerijp

I am glad that you mentioned Deleting apps directly from the App Library. You have the right setting in Screen Time Restrictions and you can delete apps from Home Screen. The apps that you are referring to are probably only in the App Library and you want to delete directly from the App Library. To delete files directly from the App Library you will need to set Screen Time Restrictions to OFF. Then you can delete apps directly from the App Library. If the app was also on one of the home screen then you can delete it there without turning Screen Time Restrictions OFF.

Axel F.

Can't delete apps from app library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.