Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you add "Genre" as a category in the Library section of the new iTunes?

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 6:25 PM

5 replies

Feb 21, 2021 6:14 AM in response to prlang

See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community. You can either recover all of the songs into a separate empty library (see Use multiple iTunes libraries on PC - Apple Support) and then copy what you need to restore into the correct locations in your wife's media folder, or recover everything into the active library and see Duplicate songs in iTunes - Apple Community to clean up the duplicates and dead links after the fact.

tt2

Feb 21, 2021 5:57 AM in response to turingtest2

I have another question for you as I have read some other responses you have given. You are very knowledgeable about the iTunes and Apple systems. Long story but I deleted the music portion of my wife’s iTunes library. The shell or name of song and album cover etc. still exists. I am trying to rebuild her library from older backups. Is there a way to transfer songs/albums from iPods/nano? I have 3 of them that we filled with songs from her library and they each have about 2000+ songs that would be perfect to download back On the library. However I have learned it is only one way. Any recommendations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.