You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remedies or Recourse Re: FedEx Losing my MacBook Air

My 2018 MacBook Air shut off unexpectedly and per the Genius Bar’s recommendation, it was shipped out to be repaired on 02/11. The repair was covered by Apple Care and was supposed to only take a few days. I received a notification from Apple that the repair was done on 02/13 or 02/14. Then, I received notification from FedEx that the package was supposed to arrive on 02/15, since the repair center is 2 hours away from where I live. However, due to the weather in my area earlier this week, it was not delivered.

Now that the weather is better, packages are being delivered again, but still no sign of my laptop. I’ve called both FedEx and Apple, and neither have sent me any status updates as requested. The first FedEx rep I called today said they didn’t know where the package was, and the second FedEx rep said they thought it was at one of their shipping centers. Apple said that basically this is on FedEx, and said they could start an investigation into it and had a department that dealt with FedEx, but I have not received any notice of such an investigation commencing.

How can I ensure my computer gets shipped to me when FedEx does not know where it is? What recourse do I have under Apple Care if FedEx lost my computer for good, since I am a customer of Apple (not FedEx) and the repair was covered under Apple Care? I really need my laptop, since I am a student who uses it daily.

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 1:43 PM

Never mind; the issue was resolved.

Similar questions

1 reply

Remedies or Recourse Re: FedEx Losing my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.