Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 7 no service issues in status bar

my I phone 7 has no service issues in status bar. Apple has already confirmed that is a manufactured issue and repair is available till 4 years of purchase. Mine is just expired in December 2020 and 2.5 months out of repair warranty period. Appel cannot do anything and it says cost is around 490$ to replace the phone. I believe, there will be many customers with the same issues in future and I want to escalate this issue to higher authority as the manger at apple service centre refused to help or replace the phone. There is no damage or issue from my side. It is clearly manufactured defect and Apple must be responsible to rectify this issue. Please advise and how can I escalate this issues to higher authority staff of Apple.

Thank you

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:36 AM

Had that happen to mine back in Oct of 2020 and was greatly concerned that an update caused it. I run a small IT business and rely on my phone for communication with clients. I was "dead in the water" and had to quickly switch to an old iPhone I had in a drawer. Communicating with my cellular provider I was quickly referred to Apple support and the expedited the repair via mail-in service. I upgraded during the repair process (1.5 weeks before I received the repaired phone back). I had no idea of the "repair program" that Apple had going.

Just a few days ago the same thing happened to my wife's iPhone 7. I located the webpage that Apple has set up for this "No Service" repair and proceeded to go through the process of setting up a repair for her. Long story short, I was set up with an appointment at our local Best Buy store (45 miles from my residence), drove there later that day and was told that Apple no longer is covering her phone. Wasted trip and angry that they did not tell me the repair service date had run out on this phone, I called Apple and it was confirmed.

I know how you feel. I was never sent an email advising me of this repair program because these phones were purchased used. Luckily, I had the one fixed in October and was able to switch it out for my wife. As for the old phone, a cellphone shop might purchase it for parts.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 11:36 AM in response to Iphone7noservice

Had that happen to mine back in Oct of 2020 and was greatly concerned that an update caused it. I run a small IT business and rely on my phone for communication with clients. I was "dead in the water" and had to quickly switch to an old iPhone I had in a drawer. Communicating with my cellular provider I was quickly referred to Apple support and the expedited the repair via mail-in service. I upgraded during the repair process (1.5 weeks before I received the repaired phone back). I had no idea of the "repair program" that Apple had going.

Just a few days ago the same thing happened to my wife's iPhone 7. I located the webpage that Apple has set up for this "No Service" repair and proceeded to go through the process of setting up a repair for her. Long story short, I was set up with an appointment at our local Best Buy store (45 miles from my residence), drove there later that day and was told that Apple no longer is covering her phone. Wasted trip and angry that they did not tell me the repair service date had run out on this phone, I called Apple and it was confirmed.

I know how you feel. I was never sent an email advising me of this repair program because these phones were purchased used. Luckily, I had the one fixed in October and was able to switch it out for my wife. As for the old phone, a cellphone shop might purchase it for parts.

Feb 21, 2021 5:55 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

My phone was working without any issues during that designated timeframe. The question is apple need to take responsibility of fixing issues if those are related to manufacturing defect as customer is spending 1500$ or more money in buying iPhone and they expect it to work until it is damaged from customer side. There will be more customers like me in future and so I had to post this so that apple rectify this issue.

I phone 7 no service issues in status bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.