Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not hear my music on itunes on my laptop. Progress bar shows song is playing, volume slide is all the way to right yet cannot hear.

I can't hear the music using itunes on my laptop. The volume slide is to the right and the progress bar shows song is playing yet I hear nothing.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 3:28 AM

Use Edit > Preferences > Playback and look at the entry for Play Audio Using. This will normally be set to either Direct Sound or Windows Audio Session. Changing to the other setting may help. If not set back to the first option and apply once more.

For further advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 3:28 AM in response to jazzyjeff58

Use Edit > Preferences > Playback and look at the entry for Play Audio Using. This will normally be set to either Direct Sound or Windows Audio Session. Changing to the other setting may help. If not set back to the first option and apply once more.

For further advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

tt2

Mar 13, 2021 9:05 AM in response to brettfromga

Windows 10 or something earlier? With Windows 10 there are two versions of iTunes, one a direct download from apple.com, the other available through the Microsoft Store. Switching from one build to the other may help. Have you tried either of the two things I've suggested here or have you just assumed they don't help? If a full tear down and reinstall of iTunes hasn't helped have you considered reinstalling the operating system? iTunes depends on the OS for access to the audio subsystem so if something isn't quite right there iTunes may not function correctly.

tt2

I can not hear my music on itunes on my laptop. Progress bar shows song is playing, volume slide is all the way to right yet cannot hear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.