Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse cursor doesn't identify correctly movement between two screens

Hi there,

I am having an annoying issue while trying to move between two screens (the MacBook screen and an additional one).

While moving from a screen to another, my mouse doesn't recognize that I have moved to another screen - and only responds to that screen if I click first with the mouse somewhere on the screen.

For example, I am on screen A doing something, now I am moving to screen B to click on some link on a webpage.

The mouse cursor moves, but it doesn't apply that button click before I click on that B screen to "notify" the mac I am on a different screen now.

How can I make my mac to identify I have moved to another screen and immediately make an action after the movement?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 8:39 AM

I am not certain you actually have an issue.

You can not act on another window on ANY screen until it is the "frontmost" window, regardless of whether it is on the same screen or different screen. Your fist click makes that window the frontmost and active window.

Similar questions

4 replies

Mouse cursor doesn't identify correctly movement between two screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.