Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANNOT INVITE PERSON TO JOIN HOME APP

When I invite a member of my family to join Home App, the person I am inviting cannot join.

After a short while my user (apple ID) disappears and the user of the person I have invited shows as the Home Owner.

This happens also if I reverse the process, using the other family member's ID to create a new HOME and being invited to join.

Tried to log off from iCloud from all devices and redo the entire process - same problem.

Read and tried a lot of suggestions from different forums but still the same problem.

Anyone encountered the same problem?

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 12:14 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 23, 2021 11:46 AM in response to nosenzoa

Hi nosenzoa,

We see you're having some issues with inviting someone else to join you on the Home app. We'd like to provide some assistance for that.

First, be sure that both your device, as well as the recipients are fully up-to-date. On iOS this will be in Settings > General > Software Update, just to double-check.

Also, try the steps on this page here: Share control of your home

Additionally, double-check to see if you and the recipient are using two-factor authentication for your Apple IDs.

Try to also restart both your device, as well as ensure the recipient restarts theirs.

Lastly, restart the network (such as the modem/router) that's connected to the Home hub.

We hope these help out, take care!

Feb 23, 2021 2:58 PM in response to nosenzoa

nosenzoa,

Thanks for clarifying you've tried all of those steps out. As the issue continues to persist, the next best step will be to get you in touch with Apple Support directly for further investigation.

You may start a support request using this link: Get Support

Alternatively, you may find the worldwide numbers here: Contact Apple for support and service

They'll be in the best position to provide further guidance.

Cheers.

CANNOT INVITE PERSON TO JOIN HOME APP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.