Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers file opening as view only

I am working on my ipad air 4th gen in Numbers.

I started with an excel file, converted it to a numbers file and have edited that file multiple times using my ipad.

The file is saved on OneDrive and previously I could open it from Numbers, edit it and then when it closed it autosaved on OneDrive.

Now when I select OneDrive as a location in numbers it shows the folders I have and at the bottom says Read only. When I open the numbers files that previously had been fine it now says they are read only.

I have not changed any permission settings anywhere.

I can go to the OneDrive app, select the file and then use "open in another app" to open it in Numbers. I can then edit the file but it is autosaving to the iCloudDrive.

I can download the file on my mac laptop from OneDrive and edit it in Numbers there but I really want to use the ipad so I can use the Apple Pencil.

Any help would be much appreciated.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 8:35 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 24, 2021 6:46 AM in response to sallyann291

I am working on my ipad 5 in Numbers.

I started with an excel file, converted it to a numbers file and have edited that file multiple times using my ipad.

The file is saved on OneDrive and previously I could open it from Numbers, edit it and then when it closed it autosaved on OneDrive.

Now when I select OneDrive as a location in numbers it shows the folders I have and at the bottom says Read only. When I open the numbers files that previously had been fine it now says they are read only.

I have not changed any permission settings anywhere.

Numbers file opening as view only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.