Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Apple ID. I’m creating a podcast for an organization I’m involved in. Can I create a different Apple ID for the organization, or do I need to use mine. There is no device tied to the organization

I have an Apple ID. I’m creating a podcast for an organization I’m involved in. Can I create a different Apple ID for the organization, or do I need to use mine. There is no device tied to the organization

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 2:52 PM

It's better if the organization has their own Apple ID. Otherwise should you leave they would be in difficulties since it would still in effect be your podcast. It should be powwoible for nthem to change the ID, but it's better not to get into that.

However, you have to be aware that you have to be signed into iTunes and Podcasts Connect to submit the feed, and if you do this on your own computer you can't keep signing in and signing out of iTunes. once you've signed into a different account you can't back to the previos one for 90 days.

For that reason you should submit the podcast on a computer owned by the organization, if at all possible. Once you've submitted the feed and had it accepted you can work on your own computer if you want to, since by that stage access to the feed is all that is required: you don't have to be signed in to add episodes, you just add them to the feed and upload it.

If there isn't a computer owned by the organization you could create a new user on your computer and switch to that to submit the podcast. However I'm not sure whether the 90 day delay applies only to the user account or to the entire computer, though I would have thought the former. You might need to ask Support about that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 2:52 PM in response to hankchapman

It's better if the organization has their own Apple ID. Otherwise should you leave they would be in difficulties since it would still in effect be your podcast. It should be powwoible for nthem to change the ID, but it's better not to get into that.

However, you have to be aware that you have to be signed into iTunes and Podcasts Connect to submit the feed, and if you do this on your own computer you can't keep signing in and signing out of iTunes. once you've signed into a different account you can't back to the previos one for 90 days.

For that reason you should submit the podcast on a computer owned by the organization, if at all possible. Once you've submitted the feed and had it accepted you can work on your own computer if you want to, since by that stage access to the feed is all that is required: you don't have to be signed in to add episodes, you just add them to the feed and upload it.

If there isn't a computer owned by the organization you could create a new user on your computer and switch to that to submit the podcast. However I'm not sure whether the 90 day delay applies only to the user account or to the entire computer, though I would have thought the former. You might need to ask Support about that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.