Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Air Freezing - League of Legends

While in game, my MacBook Air will suddenly freeze with no way of exiting the client or closing the window. This happens at least 4 out of 5 games at random times, sometimes even multiple times a game. The only way to fix it is to close and open the actual MacBook, then after a few seconds (sometimes) it'll unfreeze and you can continue playing as usual. If you're not so lucky, you have to turn the whole computer off and on.

Things I've tested:

• Deleting the App and Reinstalling
  • Running First Aid on the Drive
  • Using Windowed Mode, Borderless, and Full Screen Modes
  • Capping the game at 90/60 FPS
  • Run On Medium to Low Settings
  • Happens at any point in game, early or late so it's not a throttling problem.

It makes playing incredibly frustrating as you have no idea when it will freeze.

If anyone also has this issue or if you have a possible solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:

• 8/8 Core - 16GB - 512GB SSD

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 7:48 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 12, 2021 1:08 AM in response to west_brook

Thank you very much! It works for me, I'm so happy, I couldn't play a game without the game freezing at any time. (I noticed that playing at 30fps and very low resolution reduced the probability of the game freezing but it's just unbearable). I do have a 2018 13 inch MacbookPro with 16gb of RAM and an i7 though. I was close to resetting my Mac... so thanks !

Feb 26, 2021 10:27 PM in response to Musiczeal

I had the same issue on my MacBook Air (2020) with the M1 chip: constant, unpredictable in-game freezing that wouldn't resolve after re-installs.

I've recently found what may be a fix: in-game, go to video settings, then select ""Wait for Vertical Sync". I've had many games in a row with no freezing now, which hadn't happened ever since the issue first started happening.

Let me know if this fixes the issue for you too!

Feb 24, 2021 1:57 PM in response to Musiczeal

Hello Musiczeal,

It sounds like your Mac is becoming unresponsive when playing games. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

First, let's boot into safe mode and test to see if you can replicate the issue: Start up your Mac in safe mode

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? When did you first notice this? Which games are you playing? Also, where were these games downloaded from?

Cheers!

Mar 5, 2021 7:03 AM in response to Musiczeal

Thank God someone else has had this problem! I thought I was the only one ~~

I recently got the M1 Macbook. I have a PC setup at home but I've been away in Korea so I only have my laptop with me. Same thing happens to me: it'll just freeze at any time of the game, and I always have to turn the computer off and fully restart it. And if my computer wants to be extra annoying, the League Client won't boot up after I restart it, so I'm out of a game and get penalized for being afk.

It's a shame because the graphics on this computer aren't bad and it runs league pretty well (considering it's Apple). On top of that, I have Discord open so it takes 200 years for everything to reboot.

M1 MacBook Air Freezing - League of Legends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.